This post shows you how to reactivate my Airtel Sim. So, if you looking for the right methods to reactivate your sim card online, by call or sms, this post is for you.
In certain instances, Airtel SIM cards have been shown to become inactive due to factors including prolonged periods of inactivity or user dissatisfaction with the company’s activation requirements.
Are you or someone you know looking for information on how to reactivate their Airtel Sim card?
If so, read this article to learn everything you need to know about the subject. It covers the subject of reactivating Airtel sim cards, both prepaid and postpaid.
Additionally, you may find other details about the subject that is necessary for airtel sim reactivation.
Ways To Reactivate Your Deactivated Airtel Number in Nigeria & Abroad
- Try contacting Airtel customer support by mail to ask the reactivation.
- Complete a reactivation at the nearest Airtel shop.
- Present address and photo ID documentation
After that, your SIM card would be activated and you’ll get a confirmation call.
For How Long Can Airtel Sim Stay Inactive?
The SIM card is deactivated from Airtel’s network after 60 days of non-use. Based on customer usage statistics, it has been indicated that 60 days is a sufficient amount of time to ascertain if the SIM will continue to be active or will be inactive and can be properly disconnected.
How Can I Obtain A New Airtel Sim With Old Number?
I’ve shown you how to reactivate your airtel sim online already but if you choose to buy, register and activate a new sim card the following guidelines help you.
The same number can be transferred to a new SIM card. Your subscriber identification module, which is replaceable, is linked to your phone number.
The network sim cards are used by mobile network operators to recognize you on their connection. Obtaining a new SIM chip for your mobile phone is justified in a number of situations.
Call the Airtel customer service line at (121), let them know you’ve lost your SIM card, would like to block it, and want a replacement SIM.
For a new replacement sim or reactivation of airtel sim
- Go to an Airtel store. then request a second sim.
Fill out the form for a replacement SIM card. This is kind of related to the process to reactivate your airtel sim online.
- Provide verification of your address.
- Supply two photographs – Pay for a new SIM.
You’ll receive a brand-new SIM card. The activation of a new SIM card can last 3 – 4 hours. Your old SIM’s outstanding amount and validity will be transferred to the new SIM by Airtel.
Will My Old Airtel Number Still Work After Replacement?
After the number has been migrated, your old SIM card will no longer function. Additionally, you can temporarily lose connectivity with your new card. But putting your new SIM card in your mobile phone and having somebody call you is the simplest approach to make sure your old number is operational on your new sim card.
How Do I ReActivate the Airtel SIM card Using SMS?
The procedures listed below will assist you in figuring out how to reactivate an Airtel Sim Card that you recently purchased. If you correctly follow each procedure, you will shortly have a sim that is activated:
- Speak with Airtel customer support and ask for the activation code.
- Use the “NEW SIM NUMBER” format when sending an SMS or follow the service provider’s instructions.
- From your Airtel mobile phone, send it to 121.
- You will receive an SMS; please reply using the provided instructions.
- Completing the Airtel Sim Card activation requires additional steps.
- Once you’re finished, it won’t take long for your sim card to activate.
Activating Airtel Prepaid SIM by Phone Call
If you recently received an Airtel Prepaid Sim Card and want to reactivate it, pay close attention to the instructions listed below. To activate your sim card quickly, please take the time to read and adhere to the instructions:
- Check to see if your new prepaid connection’s KYC procedure has been successfully completed.
- Wait for the activation of your sim card to be completed in 30 to 60 minutes. This is also what to do if you want to reactivate your airtel sim online.
- You can continue once you receive the signal on your Airtel mobile number.
- Confirm the Airtel prepaid validation number.
- Wait for the process to be forwarded to an automated call.
- Comply with the instructions given on this auto-recorded call.
When the process is complete, Airtel will activate your prepaid network phone line.
ReActivating Airtel Postpaid SIM Card
Have you obtained a Postpaid Airtel Sim Card? If the answer is yes and you want to activate it or probably reactivate your airtel sim, follow the instructions below.
- Tele Verification: In order for Airtel to detect signals on the network connection, you must use the Airtel telephone verification number.
- Address Verification: An Airtel Agent will check your place to confirm the address you specified in your documents after your verification is finished.
Make sure to attentively follow these instructions because they differ from those for activating prepaid sim cards.
Activating The 4G Airtel SIM Card
This is what you’ll do if you already have an Airtel Sim card and want to upgrade it to a 4G connection. If you follow the instructions listed below, you would be likely to benefit from a 4G sim card’s HD good value voice calls, quicker call scheduling, and other features.
- Use your current sim card to start sending the 20-digit sim card number to 121.
- Airtel will send you an SMS, and you must respond.
- The telephone network will deactivate your current phone sim card.
After it is finished, take the SIM card out of the slot.
- Place the fresh SIM card in the holder.
- Switch off your smartphone.
- Your new 4G sim card should be operational by this point.
It will be enabled once the steps have been finished.
This article covered every aspect of reactivating an Airtel SIM card, such as how to enable a prepaid or postpaid Airtel SIM. The content in this post is highly useful and can help you find the answer you seek.
Please get in touch with Airtel’s customer support for help if you are experiencing any additional problems with their services.
For those asking ‘how to reactivate my airtel sim online, I hope you’ve learned it today.
Co-Written by: Peter Okoroji
Last Updated on February 7, 2023 by NetworkPalava Admin