Learn How to Hide Number on Mtn anytime you want to call someone. You can now hide your phone number when calling another number on mtn. Just follow the guidelines in this post carefully.
Many factors contribute to people hiding their phone numbers when calling others.
Sometimes people hide their phone numbers so they can call their customers who have ignored their calls or are refusing to pay them money, while others do it to amuse their friends.
The information in this article will guide you on how to properly hide numbers on MTN, no matter what might be prompting you to hide your number.
On MTN, there are three primary methods to hide phone numbers:
- The USSD code is *31#.
- Using phone settings.
- Including #31# to the recipient’s phone number before dialing.
The MTN hide number service with the USSD code *31# is that which lets your number appear as unknown or private to the person you’re calling.
There are diverse ways to activate this service, and while one offers for just your number to be hidden at a particular time of call, they also offer another option to keep the number private to all the contacts you call.
Since MTN has vast coverage in at least 21 countries in Africa and the Middle East, the communication network makes sure they make available different codes to use in different countries.
How to Hide Number on MTN using the USSD Code in Nigeria
The USSD code to use to hide a number on MTN in Nigeria is *31#. Here are the steps to hide the number on MTN in Nigeria.
- Step 1: Dail *31#.
- Step 2: You will receive a message indicating that “Outgoing Caller ID Service was enabled.”
- Step 3: You will discover that when you make a call, it will automatically appear as a private number.
Alternatively, you can also dial #31# before the number you wish to call. Your number will automatically be hidden from the particular number you want to call.
How to Hide Caller ID on MTN (Ghana)
The code to hide the MTN number in Ghana is *1333# or dial *67 (phone number#).
Kindly Follow these steps to hide your caller ID on MTN in Ghana.
- Step 1: Dial *1333#
- Step 2: Select the “registered” option.
- Step 3: Enter a PIN that you cannot forget.
- Step 4: Re-enter the PIN to confirm activation of the service that allows you to hide your number.
Hiding Your Phone Number on MTN Through Phone Settings
There are specific phones that give opportunities to hide MTN numbers using call settings, but not all types of mobile devices have this feature.
Follow the steps below to hide numbers.
- Step 1: Open your phone’s settings.
- Step 2: Go to the call settings.
- Step 3: Go to additional settings.
- Step 4: Select caller ID.
- Step 5: Click on “Hide Number.”
Different from the MTN hide USSD code that allows you to hide only a specific number when you dial the #31# phone number, this method spontaneously hides your number from all your callers.
Some Android phones do not support hiding a number using this method, but you can go to your call log and follow these steps:
- Step 1: Search for settings.
- Step 2: Go to Calling Accounts
- Step 3: Click on MTN.
- Step 4: Go to additional settings.
- Step 5: Go to caller ID.
- Step 6: Select “Hide Number.”
Given the above method, there are still some Android mobile devices that give different options. Therefore, if the method above does not allow you to conceal or hide your number on MTN, then you have to thoroughly check your phone and follow the steps below.
Another Method To Your Hide Number on Android
- Step 1: Go to the call log on your phone to check your phone details.
- Step 2: Click on the 3 dots that show after searching for a name or number mostly on the right corner of the box.
- Step 3: The dots will show you some options in the settings.
- Step 4: Click on the settings.
- Step 5: Go to supplementary services or call settings, depending on the options that pop up on your mobile device.
- Step 6: Click on the “show caller ID” option to go to the next option.
- Step 7: Navigate to the “Hide Number” option on the setting features.
How to Hide a Number on MTN Using iOS Settings
- Step 1: Open the settings on the iOS mobile phone device.
- Step 2: Go to the phone and click to navigate to the next option.
- Step 3: Switch on the “Show my caller ID” button and the status of the caller ID will display.
Can I hide my MTN number when texting?
I have heard so many people ask this exact question: “The code used to hide a number in terms of calling cannot be used when sending a text message on MTN.”
Although some publications and researchers suggest various ways to hide a number on MTN while sending text messages, the fact is that it’s not possible on MTN.
You can hide your phone number on MTN while making a phone call if you wish, but it should be for a good purpose.
I believe that I have been able to give you simple steps on how to hide numbers in MTN in Nigeria, including several other options you can select depending on the type of phone you are using. I know this content has been helpful to you and meets your needs.
Last Updated on January 3, 2024 by NetworkPalava Admin