Learn how to link NIN to MTN after being blocked with the guidlines in today’s post.
All sim cards must be linked to the owner’s national identity number (NIN), according to a directive from the national communication commission (NCC).
It was issued in a statement from the corporation’s vice chairman, Prof. Umar Garba Dambatta, and signed by the NCC Director of Public Affairs, Dr. Ikechukwu Adinde.
The directive gave a deadline of March 31, 2022, and failure to comply will result in your sim being blocked.
If youe SIM is blocked, on’t worry; I’ll show you how to link NIN to MTN after being blocked.
You should not skip any sections of this post since they are all crucial for you to understand if you wish to have your MTN Sim unbanned.
Linking NIN to MTN After Being Blocked From Making Calls
The federal government has made the national identity number (NIN) the primary digital identity for all sectors, including telecommunications, in order to ensure the safety and security of its citizens.
During verifications and authentications, the National Identification Number (NIN), issued, used, and maintained by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).
NIN is a special number that is compared with your biometric information and other personal information on the national identity database.
How to link NIN to MTN after being blocked Online & Not Allowed To Make Calls
The eagerly anticipated query has arrived. Of course, you have a variety of alternatives for connecting your NIN to your MTN SIM based on your preferences and level of comfort.
I’ll list some ways for you to link your NIN to your MTN line after being blocked in few minutes
You can link your NIN to your MTN Sim using USSD, the MyMTN app, the MTN NIN Portal, or the NIMC Mobile ID application, among other methods.
Link NIN To MTN SIM Using USSD Code – After Being Blocked
This is the most straightforward method of connecting your NIN to your MTN line. The code is *785#, and it only works with MTN lines.
Even if your phone numbers are different, you can link them together.
- Just dial *785#,
- then enter your NIN
- and submit it.
Keep in mind that if you receive an error message, there can be a network issue! So wait a few seconds before trying again!
Link NIN to MTN Using MTN NIN Portal
- Visit MTN online NIN portal
- Now, fill in the necessary information the blank space;
- Fill in your First Name,
- Last Name,
- Middle Name (optional),
- Phone Number,
- National Identification Number (NIN),
- Email Number.
- Finally, submit your request.
Link NIN to MTN using myMTN App Afer Being Blocked
This is another method for you to link your NIN to your MTN line after being blocked;
- If you don’t have the app on your phone, download the myMTN app from the Google Play Store.
- Please sign in to your app with your phone number.
- Now, select proceed to enter your NIN information (MTN number, Notification email and your National Identification Number).
- Finally, tap the SUBMIT button.
Link NIN To MTN using NIMC App
Do you still have trouble using all three of the aforementioned? Or is it just up to you to decide? Whatever happens, don’t worry! I’ll show you more ways to link your NIN on MTN after being blocked.
A new software from NIMC should allow you to connect up to seven numbers to a NIN. Visit nimcmobile.app to download the NIMC Mobile App (available for ios and Androids).
Use the NIMC App to connect your NIN to your MTN line after being blocked by following these easy steps;
- First, download the “MWS: NIMC MobileID” app from the App Store or Google Play Store, depending on your device type.
- Start the application and enter your phone number and NIN. Your phone number receives an OTP for verification (OTP is valid for 30 minutes).
- After that is done, you will need to generate a 6-digit password or PIN. This 6-digit PIN will always be required to access your NIMC mobile app dashboard.
- To add and authenticate your MTN line, choose the LINK MY NUMBERS option on your dashboard. This application allows you to add up to 7 mobile numbers, and it requires an OTP to validate each one.
Since you already know how to link your NIN to your MTN SIM after being blocked, you don’t need to worry about getting barred or blocked from using your sim. Just follow the aforementioned instructions, and your sim will be successfully linked.
- how to link nin to airtel
- how to link nin to 9mobile
- Code To Link NIN to Glo
- how to unblock blocked sim card
How To Register for NIN After Being Blocked
“How am I even going to obtain this NIN?” is probably the first thought that crosses your mind. So, if you haven’t yet registered for your NIN, carefully follow the instructions below to do so:
If you haven’t yet registered for your NIN, you can do so by going to the NIMC enrollment centers or the centers of your preferred network provider. Even after you’ve being blocked.
Here’s a quick guide to register for NIN:
- Visit the Pre Enrolment Portal, download, and print the Pre Enrolment Slip before completing the online NIMC pre-enrolment form.
- Your application should be submitted at the nearby NIMC Registration Center.
- Through this procedure, you will get your National Identification Number (NIN). With that, you can link to MTN after being blocked.
How To get NIN on MTN After Being Blocked
If you have already registered but have forgotten your NIN, you can retrieve it by dialing *346# on the phone number you used to register. Follow the instructions by hitting 1, and then your NIN will appear in a one-time notification.
For checking, you will be charged #20. You can now link your NIN to MTN after being blocked from making calls.
Please take note that if you have not registered or are using an unregistered sim, the #20 will not be subtracted.
How To Retrieve My NIN Slip
If you lose your NIN slip after being blocked, you can get a replacement.
Yes, at any NIMC enrollment center (ECR) by presenting your payment teller and paying #500 via REMITA.
The same national identity number (NIN) and the previously provided information will be on the new one they issue.
How can I Change my Name on NIN Slip?
Do not worry if you were bothered by the fact that you entered incorrect information on your NIN Slip. You can make it right!
- You need to visit one of the NIMC facilities because depending on the error you intend to correct,
- they will require various information (such as an affidavit from the court).
- The NIMC representative will guide you on how to change you name on the NIN slip.
Thats all on how to link NIN to MTN after being blocked in Nigeria.
Read More Helpful Guides Below:
Last Updated on February 7, 2023 by NetworkPalava Admin