You Forgot MTN transfer Pin? This post uncovers simple guidelines on how to retrieve it fast.
Are you trying to send airtime or data to someone using your MTN phone line, but you can’t remember your pin? Don’t worry, this happens to a lot of people, especially if it’s been a while since you’ve used your MTN line to transfer airtime.
Your MTN transfer pin is a four-digit code that you need to enter to authorize the transaction. It’s important to have this pin if you want to transfer airtime on MTN. However, if you can’t remember it, there’s no need to worry.
You should try to write it down and keep it in a safe place so you don’t forget it again in the future. But if you’ve lost your pin and can’t find it, don’t worry. I can show you how to retrieve your MTN transfer pin even if you’ve forgotten it.
Just sit tight and keep reading to find out how.
Reseting Your MTN Transfer Pin
If you forget your MTN transfer pin, you won’t be able to send airtime or data to anyone on the MTN network. But don’t worry, MTN has made it easy to retrieve and change your transfer pin if you forget it.
There are two easy ways to retrieve your transfer pin:
- the SMS method and
- the customer service method.
And the best part is that it won’t cost you anything, and you can do it as many times as you need to. Just be careful not to do it too often or it could be against the rules.
Now, let me show you how to retrieve your MTN transfer pin.
How to Retrieve MTN Transfer PIN You Forgot
To retrieve your MTN transfer pin, follow these simple steps:
- Open your messaging app on your phone.
- Create a new message and type “YES”.
- Send the message to 556.
- Wait for a few minutes and MTN will send you a message that says “Welcome to MTN Share, your default new pin is 0000. MTN recommends you reset the pin.”
- That’s it! You have successfully retrieved your lost MTN transfer pin.
If you prefer, you can also retrieve your pin by calling MTN customer care at 180. Just tell the representative that you forgot your MTN transfer pin and they will guide you through the process. They may ask you a few questions to verify your identity before giving you your new pin.
Once you have your new pin, it’s a good idea to reset it to something that’s easy for you to remember but hard for others to guess. To do this, just follow the instructions in the message MTN sent you or ask the customer care representative for guidance.
USSD Code to Retrieve Old Transfer Pin on MTN
After retrieving your default MTN transfer pin (which is 0000), it is recommended that you change it to a new one for security reasons. You can do this easily via USSD by following these steps:
- Dial *600*Default Pin*New Pin*New Pin# on your phone.
- For example, if you want to change your transfer pin to 4321, you would dial *600*0000*4321*4321#.
- Press the send button.
- You will receive a confirmation message that your transfer pin has been changed.
It is important to note that your new pin will be the pin you will use for all future transfer transactions, so make sure to choose a pin that is easy for you to remember but hard for others to guess.
SMS Method To Retrieve MTN Transfer PIN You Forgot
Another option to reset your MTN transfer pin is via SMS. Follow these steps to reset your pin via SMS:
- Open your messaging app and create a new message.
- Type in the message using the following format: Default pin [space] New pin [space] New pin.
- For example, if you want to change your pin to 1010, you would type in: 0000 1010 1010.
- Send the message to 777.
- You will receive a notification message from MTN confirming that your transfer pin has been changed.
That’s it! Your forgotten or lost MTN transfer pin has been retrieved for free using the SMS method.
Frequently Asked Questions on Forgot MTN Transfer Pin:
- What should I do if I forget my MTN transfer pin for credit/airtime transfer? You can recover your forgotten MTN transfer pin by texting “Yes” to 556 or by calling the MTN customer care line (180) and requesting to retrieve your transfer pin.
- Can I retrieve my MTN transfer pin if I forget it? Yes, you can retrieve your MTN transfer pin by calling 180 or texting ‘Yes’ to 556.
- How can I remember my MTN transfer pin? To remember your MTN transfer pin, you can retrieve it by texting ‘Yes’ to 556 or calling 180. After retrieving it, write it down and keep it safe for future use.
In conclusion, the MTN Share service for airtime transfer is beneficial, but forgetting your transfer pin can be frustrating. However, with the simple steps outlined in this post, you can easily retrieve your forgotten MTN transfer pin and continue using the service.
Leave a comment below if you have any.
Last Updated on March 7, 2023 by NetworkPalava Admin