Learn How To Transfer Airtime From MTN To Airtel by following the simple guidelines in this post.
This has been among the top searches with many people wondering if it is possible to transfer airtime from MTN to Airtel. MTN and Airtel are the top mobile networks we have in Nigeria and it is widely used by many.
MTN and Airtel are two different mobile networks and competitors. This is what makes it even more difficult for you to transfer airtime. But are there actual ways of transferring airtime between these two mobile networks?
Luckily, there are ways you can transfer airtime from MTN to Airtel and I would be covering them in this post.
Transferring Airtime From MTN To Airtel
As I have written earlier, the usual way of transferring airtime is between MTN to MTN or Airtel to Airtel. You can not send or transfer airtime from one to another. This was somehow a problem because many thought that the transfer of airtime can be done to any network.
But notwithstanding, every problem can be solved. The methods of transferring airtime that I will be explaining are based on common sense and how people have been doing it. I know you must have been expecting dial *___# but no. There is no USSD code for transferring airtime for MTN to Airtel at the moment.
Ways To Can Transfer Airtime From MTN To Airtel
- The two ways of airtime transfer are either through TingTel or direct SMS. These two ways of transferring airtime between two networks are certainly not the best but that is the only way. You can try one or the other.
There are tested and proven ways for you to be able to transfer airtime from MTN to Airtel. Many people have been using this method to send airtime from MTN to Airtel so you might not encounter any problems using it.
What is TingTel?
TingTel is a website or a mobile application that is used for the transfer, swap, buying, gifting and even selling of airtime for anyone in Nigeria.
It is a good website that helps with the conversion of airtime to money. It makes selling airtime easy. You can also swap and gift airtime to anyone in Nigeria. The interesting thing about this application is that you can use it for the transfer of airtime to any network in Nigeria.
Therefore, it is a good platform that allows us to transfer airtime from MTN to Airtel.
How To Get TingTel To Transfer Airtime
As I said above, TingTel helps us to transfer airtime between different networks.
You need the TingTel app on your mobile phone if you want to transfer airtime. To get the TingTel app:
- First, go to your Google play store if you are using an Android phone and your Apple Store if you are using an I-phone.
- Search for TingTel and install the application on your mobile phone.
- After you have installed it, you then need to open the app and register.
- Register by inputting some of your personal details and the phone number you are to be sending airtime with.
Method 1: How To Transfer Airtime From MTN to Airtel Using TingTel App
Before you can start transferring airtime you must register on TingTel since you are using it for the first time. After you might have registered, you can now transfer airtime from MTN to Airtel. Here is how you can do it on TingTel:
- Start by opening the TingTel app.
- Tap on the “Transfer Airtime” option.
- At the top of the screen, select which SIM you want to use.
- Next, enter the amount you wish to transfer.
- Tap on Check Balance to ensure you have enough credit. Note that your airtime balance should be 2% above the amount to transfer.
- Now, tap on the “Next” button.
- Input the Airtel number you want to transfer airtime to.
- Enter your mobile network transfer PIN.
- After that, click on the “Transfer” button.
- Finally, check status in the History tab to see if the transaction was successful or not.
Method 2: How To Transfer Airtime From MTN to Airtel Using SMS
- To transfer airtime from MTN to Airtel, SMS the recharge PIN directly from MTN to Airtel.
Another possible way of transferring airtime for MTN to Airtel is through SMS. If you can remember, I said that there is no code you can use to transfer airtime from MTN to Airtel. Then how come it is possible through SMS?
Note that you are not using a special code to transfer airtime.
Frequently Asked Questions
There’s no such pin on the MTN network.
There is no code to send airtime from MTN to Airtel.
You can share airtime from MTN to Airtel using the TingTel app.
Yes, you can send airtime from MTN to Airtel via SMS or TingTel app.
What made transferring airtime from MTN to Airtel is just none of them has provided a code that would make this possible.
Well, it is now possible through the TingTel app or by sending an SMS. Just follow the guidelines I have given above and you should be fine.
Hope you’ve learned how to transfer airtime from MTN to Airtel. If you face or encounter any problems, let us know in the comments.
Last Updated on September 1, 2023 by NetworkPalava Admin