Are you looking for Sterling Bank USSD Code to transfer money, buy airtime, collect loans, or check your account balance? This post is for you.
Do you bank with Sterling Bank? If yes, you might need to know their USSD code for different transactions like transferring money, buying airtime, requesting loans, and checking your balance.
Some people don’t know this code yet, so I will tell you what it is and how to use it. You will learn how to register and activate the USSD code too. Just keep reading to find out!
Sterling Bank USSD Mobile Banking
Sterling Bank has a special code called USSD code that makes banking easy for customers.
With this code, you can do basic banking services from your phone without going to the bank. The code is very helpful because there are specific codes for different transactions.
Now, let’s talk about the different services you can access with your bank USSD code.
Use of Sterling Bank USSD
The Sterling Bank USSD code can help you with different things such as opening an account, buying airtime, transferring money, checking your balance, paying bills, using your debit card, and changing your PIN.
Benefits of Sterling Bank USSD Code
Sterling Bank created the code and mobile banking for a reason, and that is to make banking easier for customers. Here are some of the benefits of using the USSD code:
- Transactions are fast and easy.
- It provides a secure and convenient way to the bank.
- You don’t need mobile data or the internet to use it.
- It saves you time and money.
- It works on all types of mobile phones.
- It is available 24/7 and very reliable.
- It is easy to use and provides convenient banking services.
These are just some of the benefits, there are more! Now, let’s look at how to activate and use the USSD code for Sterling Bank.
Sterling Bank USSD Code
- The Sterling Bank USSD code is *822#.
You can use this code to do many things with your Sterling Bank account, such as buying airtime, transferring money, checking your balance, opening an account, blocking your ATM card, and more – all from your phone.
When you dial this code from your registered phone number, you’ll see a menu with all the options available to you. Just follow the instructions on your phone screen to choose what you want to do.
To make things even easier, Sterling Bank has created some special codes for specific transactions. Here is a table that shows all the shortcodes for Sterling Bank transactions:
List of Sterling Bank USSD Code For Mobile Transactions
|Check Account Balance||*822*6#|
|Transfer to Sterling Bank/Other Banks||*822*Amount*AccountNumber#|
|Airtime Recharge for Self||*822*AMOUNT#|
|Airtime Recharge for Others||*822*AMOUNT*Phone Number#|
|Check Account Number||*822*8#|
|Pay Merchant||*822*28*AMOUNT*MERCHANT CODE#|
|LCC Toll Payment||*822*15#|
How to Register & Activate Sterling Bank USSD
To use all the features of *822#, you need to register and activate the USSD code with the phone number linked to your Sterling Bank account. Here’s how you can do it:
- Step 1: Dial *822*1*Account Number# from your registered phone number.
- Step 2: Follow the on-screen instructions to activate the code and set up your new PIN for USSD transactions.
Once you’ve completed these steps, you can now use the general code, as well as the shortcodes, to do any transaction you want.
Watch this video for more information:
USSD Code for Transfer
- If you want to transfer money from your Sterling Bank account to another Sterling Bank account or another bank, you can use the USSD code: *822*Amount*Account Number#.
- For instance, if you want to transfer 10,000 Naira to account number 1234567890, you can dial *822*10000*1234567890# and follow the prompts that appear on your screen. You’ll need to verify the details and complete the transaction by entering your transaction PIN.
USSD Code for Checking Balance
To check your Sterling Bank account balance, you can use the USSD code: *822*6#. Just dial the code, enter your PIN, and your account balance will be displayed on your phone screen.
USSD Code for Buying Airtime
- If your SIM is connected to your Sterling Bank account, the USSD code to purchase airtime for yourself is *822*Amount#.
- Dial *822*Amount*Phone Number# to purchase airtime for additional numbers or SIM cards.
- For instance, dial *822*1000# to add 1000 Naira worth of airtime to your line if you wish to recharge yourself with N1000. Simply call *822*1000*08100000000# and enter your PIN to confirm the transaction if you wish to recharge line 08100000000 (one of your other lines, or one for friends or relatives) with N1000.
USSD Code for Opening an Account
Accept the terms of mobile banking, enter the USSD code *822# to open a Sterling Bank account, and then proceed by following the on-screen instructions.
USSD Code for Cable Bill Payments
Use the code *822*2# to pay bills at Sterling Bank. After choosing your bullet and following the on-screen prompts, enter your PIN to complete the transaction.
USSD Code for Sterling Bank Account Number
*822*8# is the Sterling USSD code to obtain and reveal your account number.
Sterling Bank BVN USSD Code
Just dial *565*0# to get your BVN using the USSD on Sterling Bank.
Sterling Bank USSD Code Not Working? Here’s How to Fix it
If you have been trying to use the Sterling Bank mobile banking USSD code and it is not working, there may be a few reasons for this.
1. One possible cause could be that there is poor network coverage, either from your mobile network provider or from the bank’s network. If this is the case, you should wait for some time and try again.
2. Another reason could be that you have not yet registered or activated the USSD code. In this case, you need to make sure that you activate the Sterling Bank USSD code on your registered phone number.
3. Lastly, you might be dialing the code on a phone number that is not linked to your account or is incorrect. To fix this, ensure that you are using the correct phone number that you registered your account with.
How to Deactivate Sterling Bank USSD
If you lost your phone that has the SIM and number linked with your Sterling account and USSD code, you need to protect your money from being stolen.
- To do this, you can dial *822*911# on any other phone to deactivate and disconnect your mobile number from your Sterling Bank USSD mobile banking.
- You will need to know your phone number off hand and your mobile banking PIN for this to work.
Please note that if you find the phone after deactivating the USSD bank or you got another line, you will need to visit a Sterling Bank branch to reactivate the Sterling Bank USSD magic banking feature.
More to Know About The Sterling Code
- This service is available to everyone who uses Airtel, Glo, MTN, or 9Mobile. You can use this service to make transactions directly from your Sterling Bank account.
- You need a strong network signal to access this service from wherever you are.
- This service is available 24/7, every day of the week.
- You can use this service to buy airtime, pay bills, and transfer money to any bank account in Nigeria.
- To make sure your transactions are secure, you need to create a transaction PIN.
- When you register for the service, your transaction limit is set to N20,000 by default.
- If you want to increase your transaction limit, you can do so using your debit card, up to a maximum of N100,000 per transaction.
- If you want to transact above the default limit, you need an additional PIN for added security.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are the most asked questions about the Sterling bank USSD Mobile transactions.
How to use the USSD code for Sterling Bank?
- To use the USSD code for mobile banking, dial *822# on your phone.
- You can set up your account by dialing *822*1*Account Number# with the phone number/sim registered with your Sterling Bank account.
This service allows customers to access mobile banking from anywhere, without having to visit a branch. Follow the prompts to complete the setup process.
With this information, you should now be able to activate the USSD code and conduct various transactions with Sterling Bank mobile banking.
Last Updated on November 12, 2023 by NetworkPalava Admin