Get the Wema bank transfer code to send money from one bank to another. You can transfer to other Wema bank customers, recharge your phone, buy data, and even pay electricity bills with this USSD code.
This article explains how you can use the Wema bank code and everything you need to know about the Wema Bank Transfer Code.
Wema Bank Transfer Code
Wema Bank transfer code is *945# and it is quite useful whenever you want to make financial transactions rather than waiting in long queues in bank branches. It is so useful that you can transfer money to any bank account, buy airtime, and even apply for a quick loan.
Wema Bank has gone on to be Nigeria’s longest-surviving indigenous bank and it has been trusted by so many Nigerians compared to other banks. Its USSD service (transfer code) allows us to make transactions as easy as possible as well as the beneficiary to receive credit alerts.
Why Use Wema Bank Transfer Code
- Banking without the Internet.
- With this USSD banking service, you can carry out daily banking transactions with ease from the comfort of your mobile devices.
- It is easy, fast, and reliable.
- This service is available 24/7, that is even at really odd hours, you can still use this service.
What Do I Need To Start Using The Code?
- You will need to have any SIM card like MTN, Glo, 9mobile, and Airtel.
- The USSD code is only open to Wema bank account holders.
- To use this service, you must have an active phone number registered in your bank account.
- You will also need a mobile phone, but it isn’t compulsory for it to be a smartphone, so long as it can call.
- And finally, you would need to activate the code on your phone.
How To Activate The Wema Bank Transfer Code
Activating the Wema Bank transfer code makes it easy for you to carry out transactions on your phone using a preset password or PIN. This password or PIN will be needed in validating money transfers, and any other transaction including bill payments and so on.
To activate your code, you need to register and generate a pin. Kindly follow the steps below;
- Dial *945*5#.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Provide the information required such as account number, date of birth, new pin, and confirm the new pin.
After the pin has been created, you can begin USSD banking transactions.
NOTE: This option is only valid for existing Wema Bank account holders.
Now that you have successfully activated the Wema Code, you can then perform financial transactions on your mobile phone. You can carry out financial transactions such as transferring money, buying airtime, making a balance inquiry, and applying for loans.
How To Transfer Money Using The Wema Code
You can use the transfer code to transfer funds to any bank account in Nigeria with an instant alert. To do this:
- Dial *945*BeneficiaryAccountNumber*Amount#.
For example, if you want to transfer N1000 to a friend whose account number is 1234567890. You would dial *945*1234567890*1000#.
How To Buy Airtime Using The Wema Bank Transfer Code
From the comfort of your home, you can also recharge airtime and data for you or your loved ones and carry out transfers using the following Wema bank USSD codes:
- Airtime (self): *945*amount#.
- Airtime (others): *945*phone Number*amount#.
- Airtime/Data: *945*9#.
For example, to buy airtime of N1000 for yourself, simply dial *945*1000#.
Or you want to buy for a friend whose phone number is 08012345678, then you would dial *945*08012345678*1000#.
But you can always just dial *945*5# to view more options.
How To Manage Your Wema Account Using The Code.
You can also use the WEMA bank transfer Code to manage your bank account anytime and anywhere. You can check your account balance, reset your PIN, manage your Bank Verification Number (BVN), and so on.
- To check your account balance, just simply dial *945*0# and you would receive an SMS shortly containing your bank information.
- To manage your PIN, just dial *945*00# and follow instructions promptly and input the necessary details.
- To manage your Bank Verification Number, just dial *945*4#.
In case you feel quite insecure about your account or anything like hacking or fraudulent activities with your account, you can simply just dial *945*911# to restrict your account.
How To Pay Bills Using The Wema Bank Transfer Code
The WEMA bank code can also be used in paying your electricity bills irrespective of which area you reside in. It can also be used to recharge your decoder. Using the code, you will be free from unnecessary charges from POS agents.
To Pay Electricity Bills, just dial the following in accordance with your area:
- Electricity bill: *945*24#.
- Eko: *945*25*meterno*amount#.
- Ikeja: *945*26*meterno*amount#.
- Ibadan: *945*27*meterno*amount#.
- Abuja: *945*28*meterno*amount#.
- Enugu: *945*29*meterno*amount#.
- Jos: *945*30*meterno*amount#.
- Kaduna: *945*31*meterno*amount#.
- Kano: *945*32*meterno*amount#.
- Port-Harcourt: *945*33*meterno*amount#.
To Recharge your decoder (GoTV/DStv):
- Cable TV menu: *945*10#.
- DSTV: *945*11# and *945*11*smartcardNO# .
- Gotv: *945*12# and *945*12*smartcardNO#.
With the Wema Transfer Code, *945#, you can perform a lot of transactions and payments without even visiting the bank or without any agent’s help or internet connection. All you need is a mobile phone and a SIM card to activate it on your phone. You can buy airtime, transfer money, pay bills, manage your WEMA bank account, and so on.
Last Updated on November 13, 2023 by NetworkPalava Admin