Get the Unity Bank USSD Code to transfer money to other banks, check your account balance, buy airtime and data bundle, check your account number, and more…
Do you bank with Unity Bank and want to know how to use their mobile banking service? Well, there are some important codes you need to know.
If you’re new to Unity Bank or not familiar with their mobile banking, you may be wondering things like: “What code do I use to transfer money with Unity Bank?” or “What’s the code for checking my account balance with Unity Bank?”
If you have questions like these, keep reading. I will show you the Unity Bank USSD code and teach you how to register, activate, and use it to do all kinds of banking transactions on your account. Let’s get started!
About Unity Bank USSD
Unity Bank has a special code called the USSD code. It is made just for their customers to make banking easy and convenient. With this code, you can do many banking transactions using your phone without going to a Unity Bank branch.
Customers really like the Bank mobile banking and USSD codes because they have shortcodes for specific transactions, as well as a general code for all transactions.
Use of Unity Bank USSD Code
The Unity Bank USSD code can do a lot of things for you. Here are some examples:
- You can open an account using the USSD code.
- You can recharge your phone with airtime.
- You can add another account to your profile.
- You can check your account balance.
- You can pay bills using the USSD code.
- You can verify your BVN (Bank Verification Number).
- You can transfer money to other people.
- You can change your PIN.
Benefits of Unity Bank USSD Code
Unity Bank created the USSD and mobile banking to help their customers in many ways. Here are some reasons why the USSD code is great:
- It lets you do transactions quickly and easily.
- It’s a secure and convenient way to bank.
- It saves you time and money.
- It works with any type of mobile phone.
- It’s easy to use and reliable.
- It provides convenient financial services to customers.
These are just a few of the benefits of using the USSD code. Now let’s take a look at how to activate and use it.
Unity Bank USSD Code
The Unity Bank USSD code is *7799#. You can use this code to do many banking transactions from your phone, such as transferring money, buying airtime, checking your account balance, opening an account, and blocking your ATM card.
When you dial the code, a list of features will show up on your phone’s screen. Just follow the prompts to use any of them.
To make things even easier and faster, Unity Bank has also created short codes for specific transactions. Here is a table with all the shortcodes for different transactions:
List of Unity Bank USSD Code
|Transactions||Codes to Dial|
|Check Account Balance||*7799*0#|
|Transfer to Unity Bank Account||*7799*1*Account number*Amount#|
|Transfer to Other Banks||*7799*2*Account number*Amount#|
|Airtime Recharge for Self||*7799*Amount#|
|Airtime Recharge for Others||*7799*Phone number*Amount#|
|Open Unity Bank Account||*7799#|
|Fund Bet9ja Account||*7799*403*Bet9ja ID*Amount#|
|USSD on POS||*7799*000*RefID#|
|Block Account||*7799*9*phone number#|
How to Register or Activate Unity Bank USSD Code
To start using the Unity Bank USSD code, you need to register it with your phone number. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Dial *7799# using the phone number that’s registered with your account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select “Create or Change PIN”.
- Enter your card or account details when prompted.
- Set up a four-digit secret PIN that you’ll use to authenticate transactions.
Once you’ve completed these steps, you can start using the general code, as well as the shortcodes, to carry out any transactions you need to.
If you’re still not sure how to activate the USSD code, you can watch this video for more guidance:
USSD Code for Money Transfer
To transfer money from your Unity Bank account to another Unity Bank account, use the code *7799*1*Account number*Amount#.
If you want to transfer money from your Unity Bank account to an account in another bank, use the USSD code *7799*2*Account number*Amount#.
USSD Code for Checking Balance
To check your Unity Bank account balance, you can dial *7799*0# on your mobile phone. After that, you will be prompted to enter your PIN. Once you enter the correct PIN, a message will appear on your screen displaying the amount of money remaining in your account.
USSD Code for Buying Airtime
If you want to buy airtime for your own phone number that is linked to your Unity Bank account, you can simply dial *7799*Amount# and the amount of airtime you want to purchase. For example, if you want to buy airtime worth N1000, dial *7799*1000#.
But if you want to buy airtime for someone else’s phone number, for instance, your family or friends, you can dial *7799*Phone number*Amount#. For example, if you want to recharge N1000 for the phone number 07012345678, dial *7799*07012345678*1000#, and then enter your PIN to confirm the transaction.
USSD Code for Opening an Account
To open an account with Unity Bank, you can use a special code on your mobile phone. The code is *7799#, and you need to accept some terms and follow the instructions to create your account.
Unity Bank USSD Code for Cable Bill Payments
Unity Bank has special codes that you can use to pay for your DSTV or GoTV subscription packages, as well as some electricity bills in certain locations. Here are the codes you need to use:
DSTV Subscription Codes:
- For Access package, dial *7799*32*Smartcard Number*1#
- For Compact package, dial *7799*32*Smartcard Number*2#
- For Compact Plus package, dial *7799*32*Smatcard Number*3#
- For Family package, dial *7799*32*Smartcard Number*4#
- For the Premium package, dial *7799*32*Smartcard Number*5#
GoTV Subscription Codes:
- For GoTV Lite package, dial *7799*33*Smartcard Number*1#
- For GoTV Max package, dial *7799*33*Smartcard Number*2#
- For GoTV Plus package, dial *7799*33*Smartcard Number*3#
- For GoTV Value package, dial *7799*33*Smartcard Number*4#
Electricity Bill Payment Code:
- For Eko Electricity Prepaid, dial *7799*4*Meter Number*Amount#
- For Ikeja Electricity Prepaid, dial *7799*5*Meter Number*Amount#
All you have to do is enter the correct code along with your smartcard number or meter number and the amount you want to pay.
Unity Bank BVN USSD Code
If you want to check your BVN using the Unity Bank USSD code, you can do that easily by dialing *7799*5# on your mobile phone. The code will then be displayed for you.
Unity Bank USSD Code Not Working? Here’s How to Fix it
As a Unity Bank account holder, if you can’t use the *7799# Unity USSD code, here are the possible reasons why:
- Poor network coverage: You might get an error message if there is no or weak network coverage from your mobile network provider or from the bank’s network. Wait for a while and try again later when the network is better.
- USSD code not activated: If you haven’t activated the Unity USSD code on the phone number you used to register your account, the code won’t work. Activate the code on your phone.
- Wrong phone number: The Unity Bank USSD code may not work if you dial it on a different SIM card. Make sure you are using the correct phone number.
Check and resolve any of these issues and try again.
How to Deactivate Unity Bank USSD
If you lose your phone that has the SIM and number linked with your Unity account and USSD code, you should deactivate your mobile number to prevent someone else from stealing your money.
You can do this by dialing *7799*911# on any other phone, as long as you know your phone number and mobile banking PIN. This will disconnect your mobile number from your Unity Bank USSD mobile banking.
If you find your phone or get a new SIM card, you will need to visit an Unity Bank branch to reactivate the Unity Bank USSD mobile banking feature.
Do you want to know how to get the USSD code for Unity Bank mobile banking? It’s as simple as dialing *7799# on the phone number linked with your Unity Bank account. You can set up mobile banking by choosing your preferred debit card after dialing the code and following the prompts.
With the 7799 mobile banking service, you can bank easily from anywhere in Nigeria without visiting the bank. This post has provided you with information on how to activate and use the USSD code for Unity Bank for various transactions.
Last Updated on November 12, 2023 by NetworkPalava Admin