This page includes a step-by-step tutorial on how to port to MTN from any network, including Glo, Airtel, 9mobile, Telkom, Cell C, and Vodacom.
If you are unhappy with your current network provider’s services, either because of the cost or the network, you can switch to a better network without changing your phone number.
Mobile Number Portability refers to the process of switching from one network provider to another without altering your phone number (MNP).
Moving To MTN From Other Networks in Nigeria – MNP
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is a service that allows you to change service providers and keep your phone number while switching to MTN.
This allows you to experience the most extensive network coverage and the fastest data quality currently offered to MTN users.
MNP is the term used when a network provider subscriber switches from one to another without altering his or her mobile number.
For example, you may port to MTN from another network, such as Glo, without changing your phone number.
Before You Port To MTN From Other Networks In Nigeria
If you use Glo, Airtel, or 9mobile currently, here are some things to consider before you can proceed to port to MTN from Any Network In Nigeria:
- Check that you haven’t ported from any network in the last 90 days.
- Complete any outstanding debts or transactions.
- Ensure that you have exhausted all of your data or airtime on the network from which you are migrating.
- Withdraw whatever funds you have available on the network.
- Back up all of your contacts from the network’s sim card to your Google Account or save them to your phone.
After that, Go ahead and put together all the information you need to port to MTN from other Networks.
How To Port To MTN From Other Networks n Nigeria
Before we proceed, please take note of these:
- Porting is free of charge and takes about 15 – 20 minutes to complete.
- Also, there’s no code to port to MTN online. You must do what MTN says Ok?
- These apply to New SIM, Old SIM, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile, Telkom, Cell c, Vodacom, etc. You can port your number to MTN today without an Old SIM card.
Please, follow the guidelines below to port to MTN from any network in Nigeria (Airtel, Glo, or 9mobile):
- Bring your existing phone number to any MTN retailer.
- Present a valid form of identification (driver’s license, voter’s card, national ID, etc.).
- Fill out the port-in form and submit it.
- Finish port validation by SMS. Just send ‘PORT’ to 3232 or dial 3232 and follow the IVR audio prompts.
But hey! Before you proceed to port to MTN from any network like Glo, Airtel, and so on, you need to consider the following.
What You Must Provide to Port MTN Mobile Number (MNP)
- The mobile number you wanted to port.
- Name of the existing network you are using
- First name and last name used in registering the sim card
- Date of Birth used
- A valid ID Card(Either a national ID card, voters card, or Driver’s license and their photocopy).
Confirm If Port to MTN Was Successful
When the port service was launched at first, MTN announced to everyone that they don’t need to change their phone number to make it possible.
Now, this is me telling you that you don’t need to change your phone. Once you port to MTN, you can start making calls with the same phone number without errors.
Just recharge your like with *555*Recharge PIN# and you’re good to go.
Mobile Number Portability Summary
Mobile Number Portability (MNP), which was introduced in 2013, allows for the quick and smooth transfer of a phone number from one network to another. It’s handy for those who have a large number of friends, clients, and business partners who may wish to contact them through that number.
MNP may be performed from one network to another, however, we will focus on how to port to MTN from any network today. MNP takes 15 to 30 minutes to finish, but it might take up to 48 hours to be effective.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I port to MTN in Nigeria?
This question is similar to this one “How do I port my number to MTN?“. The answer is Yes.
Please, follow the instructions below:
- Visit any MTN outlet with your current phone number
- Present valid ID (driver’s license, Voters card, national ID, etc.)
- Complete the port-in form and submit
- Complete port validation by sending ‘PORT’ to 3232 by SMS or dial 3232 and follow the IVR voice prompt
How long does it take to port from Vodacom to mtn?
MTN says it takes about 15 – 20 minutes to port your number to MTN.
Your former network operator’s subscription services will no longer be available; however, you may subscribe to new life-enriching services and promotions on MTN.
Yes, decide on the network you’ll like to port to. Then visit the nearest service center in your area and request porting immediately.
Currently, there’s no code to port your SIM online by yourself. You must visit MTN Customer Service for assistance.
Voicemail, SMS, MMS, and ancillary services from your former service provider will be unavailable, and you will need to set them up again after the porting procedure is complete.
I hope you’ve learned how to port to MTN from any network in Nigeria. Well, that’s cool but there’s one last thing you must know.
Except for your phone number, everything on your previous sim card will be gone, including airtime, texts, and contacts. You must be prepared before beginning the process. Porting from other networks to MTN is also free.
After completing the above procedures, you can begin to enjoy the MTN tariff plan and affordable data. I hope you found this information on how to port to MTN from any network useful.
There’s more to read below:
Last Updated on February 7, 2023 by NetworkPalava Admin