Learn How to Transfer Airtime From MTN to Glo by following the guidelines in this post.
Do you want to give your friends airtime on their Glo phone but only have MTN airtime? Or maybe you need airtime on your Glo phone and the only option is to transfer it from your MTN line.
You might also be wondering if it’s possible to transfer airtime from MTN to Glo. Don’t worry, I can help you with everything you need to know about transferring airtime from MTN to Glo. Normally, you can share airtime on mtn to mtn sim.
After reading this, you will know how to transfer airtime from MTN to Glo, the code to use, and even how to transfer airtime from your MTN line to a Glo phone. Let’s get started!
How to Transfer Airtime From MTN to Glo
If you’re still unsure about how to transfer airtime from MTN to Glo, let me help you get started.
First, you’ll need to have or reset your airtime transfer PIN for MTN. This is necessary before you can try any methods, tricks, or codes you may have heard about for transferring airtime from MTN to Glo.
To reset your MTN transfer PIN, you can follow either of the two methods listed below.
– How to Reset MTN Transfer PIN
- If you’re new to MTN airtime transfer, you can reset your transfer PIN by dialing *600*[Default Pin]*[New Pin]*[New Pin]#.
- For instance, if you want to change your default transfer PIN to 4321, dial *600*0000*4321*4321#.
That’s all it takes to change your default transfer PIN to a new one of your choice.
And don’t forget, I promised to share a second method with you, which you can find below.
– Via SMS
The second method to reset your MTN transfer PIN is through SMS.
- To do this, navigate to the message area on your phone and create a new message using this format: Default pin[space]New pin[space]New pin, then send it to 777.
- For example, if your new pin is 4321, your message should look like this: 0000 4321 4321 and send it to 777. Once you’ve done this, you’ll receive a notification message from MTN confirming your change of PIN.
- After that, you can move on to the next step, which is initiating the airtime transfer.
How to Transfer Credit From MTN to Glo
- Unfortunately, there isn’t a USSD code on the MTN network that allows you to transfer airtime to Glo. However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t transfer airtime from MTN to Glo.
There is a working solution, but you’ll need to download an external app that enables you to transfer credit from any network to any network in Nigeria.
If you’re interested in learning more about the app and how to use it for airtime transfer, keep reading.
How to Transfer Airtime from MTN to Glo
- To transfer airtime from MTN to Glo, you’ll need to download an external app from the Play Store. The name of the app that you can use to transfer airtime from your MTN balance to an Glo line is the TingTel app.
What is The TingTel App All About?
TingTel is a mobile application that enables you to transfer airtime between any networks, buy and sell airtime, and convert airtime to cash.
With TingTel, transferring airtime is simple and can be completed with just a few clicks. It’s important to note that there is a service fee charged for using the app to transfer airtime or for any other transactions.
How to Use TingTel App to Transfer Airtime from MTN to Glo
Here are the steps to transfer airtime from MTN to Glo using the TingTel app:
- Download the TingTel app from Google Play Store.
- Register an account using the mobile number you want to transfer airtime from.
- Use your mobile network transfer PIN as your TingTel PIN while creating the account.
- Log in to your account and click on the “Transfer Airtime” option.
- Select the SIM you want to use at the top of the screen.
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer and click “Check Balance” to ensure you have enough credit (2% above the amount to transfer).
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Enter the Glo number you want to transfer airtime to.
- Enter your mobile network transfer PIN.
- Click on the “Transfer” button.
- Check the transaction status in the History tab to see if the transfer was successful.
It is important to note that there is a service fee for airtime transfers and other transactions done on the TingTel app. While the app has been generally reliable for airtime transfers, recent complaints about its data-selling feature suggest that caution should be exercised when using the app.
A frequently asked question is whether there is an alternative way to transfer airtime from MTN to Glo without using the TingTel app, perhaps through an SMS code. The answer to this question is no, as MTN does not provide a USSD code to transfer airtime from their network to Glo or any other network. The current way to transfer airtime from MTN to Glo is by using the TingTel app as described earlier.
How to Transfer Airtime on MTN to Glo Via SMS
Hey there! If you use MTN and want to transfer airtime to someone who uses Glo, unfortunately, you can’t do it with an SMS like you can with MTN-to-MTN transfers. MTN doesn’t allow that. You have to use an app like TingTel or dial a special code on your phone to transfer airtime from MTN to Glo. If you have any questions, you can call MTN’s customer care line and they might be able to help you out.
How to Transfer Airtime From MTN to Glo by Calling Customer Care
I wanted to tell you that you can just call MTN customer care and ask them to transfer your airtime balance to an Glo number. But I can’t say that because I did some research and found out that it’s not possible.
MTN only allows you to transfer airtime to another MTN number, not to Glo. We called MTN customer care and they confirmed this.
So unfortunately, there is no way for you to transfer airtime from MTN to Glo, even if you ask MTN customer care.
Using the MTN Website
It’s true that the MTN website has made it easier to perform self-care services without having to remember lots of codes or call customer care repeatedly. All you need to do is click a few buttons on the website and you can perform various self-care services easily.
However, if you’re wondering whether you can transfer airtime from your MTN account to an Glo account on the MTN website, the answer is NO. Despite the fact that the MTN website provides a lot of self-care services for their subscribers, they do not offer the option to transfer airtime to Glo or any other network.
How to Send Airtime From MTN to Glo
To transfer airtime from your MTN account to an Glo number, you can visit a retail store, purchase the amount of airtime you want to transfer, then send the airtime pin to the MTN user you want to send it to through SMS. Another option is to buy airtime for the Glo number using your mobile app or bank USSD token.
It’s important to note that there are no USSD codes, SMS methods, or website hacks that allow you to transfer airtime from your MTN line to an Glo line directly from your main balance. The options mentioned above are the only solutions available.
Frequently Asked Questions about sharing MTN airtime with Glo
Can I send airtime from MTN to Glo?
Yes, technically you can send airtime from MTN to Glo by sending an Glo recharge card pin via SMS from your MTN line to an Glo line. You can also transfer airtime from your MTN balance to an Glo number using the TingTel app.
Can I send credit from MTN to Glo?
Yes, you can use the TingTel app to transfer airtime or credit from MTN network to Glo network.
Is there a code to transfer airtime from MTN to Glo?
No, there is no code to transfer airtime from MTN to Glo. MTN does not allow its customers to transfer airtime from MTN to Glo using the network services. Users can only transfer airtime from MTN to MTN using the MTN Share service.
Is it possible to transfer airtime from MTN to Glo?
Yes, it is possible to transfer airtime from MTN to Glo. You can use the TingTel app to do it or recharge the Glo line from your bank or text an MTN recharge card pin to the Glo number.
How do I transfer airtime from MTN to Glo?
You can transfer airtime from MTN to Glo by downloading, installing and using the TingTel app.
How can I transfer airtime from MTN to Glo without a pin?
You can’t transfer airtime from your MTN balance to an Glo line using the MTN Share service. Therefore, there is no such pin on the MTN network.
To Wrap It Up…
MTN is a big telecom company with lots of users in Nigeria. They make it easy for customers to transfer airtime using self-care services.
If you want to know how to transfer airtime from MTN to Glo or transfer credit from MTN to Glo, this article has the answers. Let us know if it was helpful by leaving a comment.
Last Updated on November 15, 2023 by NetworkPalava Admin