Do you want to learn how to share airtime on mtn Nigeria?
I know what it means when you have more than enough credit and want to share it with your friends and family members.
Or, maybe someone has excess credit and asks you to share the mtn airtime to your phone.
No worries, today, I will show you how to transfer or share credit from MTN to MTN number in a few simple steps.
Share Airtime On MTN Service
It’s called the MTN Share ‘N’ Sell service which allows you to transfer airtime at your convenience.
It wasn’t an easy task to share a part of your airtime with another mtn Customer.
It was almost impossible based on the limited number of ways to share Airtime on MTN to MTN
But for a few years now, MTN has made it easier to share credit from anywhere you are in Nigeria.
Yes, as long as you make use of MTN SIM for calls and services that require airtime, you are allowed to share airtime and also receive from another customer.
Look, there are several means to transfer airtime on MTN to MTN number today, and below are some of them:
- Via SMS
- Via USSD
- Call or contact Customer Care
- Social Media Method
Have You Seen The MTN Recharge Code To Load Card Faster? Check It Out!
The SMS method is more popular these days because it’s very easy to cram or remember.
Nevertheless, I prefer the use of the MTN USSD transfer method based on the speed it manages to deliver messages.
Update: MTN New Method To Share/Transfer Airtime This Year
Changing Your MTN Share PIN
To enable airtime transfers, it is necessary to change the default PIN, which is initially set as 0000. Here are the steps to change your MTN Share PIN:
- Changing PIN via SMS: Compose an SMS in the format “Default PIN New PIN New PIN” and send it to 321. For instance, send an SMS with ‘0000 4321 4321‘ to 321.
- Changing PIN via USSD: Dial *321*Default PIN*New PIN*New PIN# on your phone and press the send/OK button. For example, dial *321*0000*4321*4321# and press send/OK.
After successfully changing your PIN using either of the methods mentioned above, you will receive an SMS confirming the change.
Transferring Airtime Using SMS
To transfer airtime via SMS, follow these steps:
- Send an SMS to 321 in the following format: “Transfer Recipient’s Number Amount PIN.” For example, send an SMS with ‘Transfer 07012345678 1000 4321‘ to 321. This way, you’re sending 1000 Naira to 07012345678.
- Upon sending the message, you will receive an SMS asking for confirmation. Reply with ‘YES‘ to 321 to confirm the transfer.
Transferring Airtime Using USSD
To transfer airtime using USSD, follow these steps:
- Dial *321*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and press the send/OK button. For example, to send 1000 Naira to 07012345678, just dial *321*07012345678*1500*4321# and press send/OK.
- Once the transfer is completed, you will receive a notification confirming the successful transfer.
Important Points to Note:
- Airtime transfers can only be made in Naira amounts and not in kobo.
- The transfer amount should be between NGN50.00 and NGN5,000.00 per transaction.
- You can transfer a maximum of NGN50,000.00 from your phone to one or multiple MTN accounts daily.
- If your MTN prepaid account balance is insufficient to cover the requested transfer amount, the transaction will not be processed, and you will receive an error message.
- Postpaid customers can only transfer airtime when their account balance is positive. Transfer is not possible if the account balance is negative (-). For example, if your account balance is N-300.00, you cannot use MTN Share. However, if your balance is N1,000.00, you can transfer airtime up to the available N1,000.00 in your account.
How To Share Airtime On MTN to MTN
Follow the simple steps below to transfer credit to your preferred:
Get Your MTN Transfer PIN.
Yes, before you can be allowed to share airtime with the mtn transfer code, you must create a pin to secure your transactions.
Normally the MTN default PIN is 0000. But, you can’t use that for transfers as anyone can steal your airtime without your knowledge.
Here’s how to reset your MTN transfer PIN:
- SMS Old PIN + New PIN + New PIN to 777. For example, send 0000 2713 2713 to 777.
The essence of entering your New PIN twice is to confirm that you wrote it correctly to avoid the story that touches the heart (hehe).
Now, after sending the message to 777, you will receive a message from MTN that your “PIN Reset” was carried out successfully.
Congratulations your MTN Transfer PIN is set.
You can now share airtime on MTN through SMS and the USSD method.
Learn How To Borrow Airtime On MTN The Easiest Way.
Alternative Way To Reset Your Transfer PIN to Share Airtime on MTN to MTN
- Simply dial *600*Old PIN*New PIN*New PIN#. For example, dial *600*0000*2713*2713# to proceed.
BOOM, you will receive a message which reads you’ve successfully changed your MTN share and sell PIN.
You can share credit through SMS and USSD methods below.
Do You Know How To Browse With Airtime On MTN? Let It Now!
Share Airtime On MTN With USSD
To transfer airtime with the short USSD code;
- Simply dial *600*Recipient Number*Amount*PIN#. For example, to share 5000 naira airtime, simply dial *600*08012345678*1000*2713#.
And within seconds, your request will be granted. You will receive a debit alert for deduction of N5k airtime and the receiver gets a credit alert of N5000 as a plus on their account balance.
Don’t Miss The MTN Tariff Plans That Allows Share And Sell Right Now!
Share Airtime With SMS Method
- Open your Messaging App.
- Compose a new message, input and send the following:
- Type in “Transfer + Receiver’s Phone Number + Amount + Your PIN and send to 777.
For example, if you are to send credit to “09032027013”, SMS Transfer 09032027013 5000 2713 to 777. Notice: I include space in between each input.
Once you send it, the recipient will receive your gift almost immediately.
Alternatively, you may choose to type in the recharge card code and send it to the recipient.
You can as well do that. But you should bear in mind that the standard N4 SMS charge applies in this case. Yes, that’s how to share airtime on mtn via SMS method.
Have You Seen The MTN Cheap Data Plans For Android? Check It Out!
Share Airtime On MTN Via Phone Call
This is simply an old and outdated way to share airtime on mtn. I don’t recommend this method as it takes time and attracts extra charges from MTN.
How Does It Work?
- Simply buy your recharge card.
- Call Recipient.
- Mention the MTN Recharge Code correctly to the customer.
- Wait until they confirm that the card was loaded correctly.
- That’s it.
Alternatively, you can call MTN customer care to help you share airtime on mtn to your desired destination.
- Speak with a representative by calling 180 right now.
They will guide you on how to go about it.
Don’t Miss The MTN Flashing Code To Make Free Calls
Share Airtime On MTN Via Social Media
You must have seen popular brands giving free airtime to the customers by taking a close camera shot of Recharge Cards then posting it online.
You can as well do this as a surprise to a friend via DM on WhatsApp, Facebook, or Twitter.
- Type in the recharge code or
- Snap the slip and send it to the recipient.
Alternatively, you can reach out to the MTN customer care service via the below social media profiles to ask for Share ‘N’ sell assistance:
Well, out of the methods stated above, I highly recommend the short, quick USSD and SMS method for your airtime transfers.
Those are the two means I use to transfer credit every time as it’s fast and reliable.
Learn How To Check Your MTN Phone Number Faster
How To Retrieve Your MTN Transfer PIN to Share Airtime
I understand that nothing lasts forever. You may forget your PIN, possibly want to change it coz it’s easy to guess.
Kindly follow my guidance below to retrieve MTN Transfer PIN:
Simply dial *600*Your Existing PIN*New PIN*New PIN#. For example, your Existing is 2713 and New PIN is 5678. Just dial *600*2713*5678*5678# to retrieve your PIN immediately to enable you to share airtime on MTN.
(This step contributes to the process on how to share airtime on mtn)
- Open Messaging App and compose a new message.
- Type in Your Existing PIN + Your New PIN + Your New PIN and send it to 777. For example, sms 2713 5678 5678 to 777.
After that, MTN will inform you that your PIN was changed successfully.
Now, if you’ve forgotten your PIN there is a different approach to this.
Here’s is how to retrieve your lost MTN transfer PIN:
Contact MTN Customer Care Service
Below are the quick means to reach them today:
- Call 180
Meanwhile, you can try other channels like:
Make Sure You See The MTN Call Me Back Code To Send Free SMS Now!
Frequently Asked Questions on MTN Share ‘N’ Sell
I understand that you may have a question regarding the MTN Share ‘N’ Sell service, so I’ve answered some of your most asked questions in this section:
Which Plans Supports Share And Sell On MTN
There is a good list of tariff plans that allows you to share airtime on MTN easily at any time.
- So here are the best MTN plans that support share and sell right now.
Can I transfer Airtime On MTN to Airtel?
There’s no direct claim that it’s possible to share airtime from mtn to airtel network.
Meanwhile, Legit Ng shows that it is possible as it’s shown in the screenshot below:
Can I Transfer Airtime On MTN to Glo Network?
Yes, Make use of your Bank transfer code.
How Can I Transfer Airtime From MTN to Another Line?
Follow the guidelines below depending on the Bank you operate with:
- Dial your Bank Transfer Code.
- Select Others
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Enter your recipient’s phone number.
- Confirm your 4digit PIN and send it.
Now, there’s no direct way to share credit with a Non-MTN user. However, sending airtime through a mobile bank transfer code is the best recommendation for you.
Is It Possible To Transfer Airtel on Airtel?
Yes, I already created a guide that has the answer to this question. See the best ways to share airtime on Airtel in Nigeria here.
What’s Your Result?
Now, let me know. At this point, I believe you are about to transfer credit to your desired destination.
That’s how to share airtime on MTN Nigeria.
Read more related guides below:
Last Updated on September 1, 2023 by NetworkPalava Admin