Are you looking for tips on how to transfer borrowed data and airtime on MTN?
It’s easy to borrow data and airtime on MTN, and it’s just as easy to transfer them too.
But can you give borrowed data or airtime to someone else on MTN?
I’ve been asked that question a lot by MTN users, and they haven’t always gotten helpful answers.
That’s why I wrote this post to show you whether it’s possible to transfer borrowed data and airtime on MTN, and how to do it.
So, let’s get started without wasting any time!
About Borrowing and Transferring MTN Data
MTN has some great services that make things easy for its customers. You can borrow data or airtime and pay it back later, or transfer data and airtime to your loved ones.
These services have simple codes to help you use them easily. To borrow data, you can use *606#, and to transfer data or airtime, you can use *131#. Now, let’s see how you can transfer borrowed data and airtime on MTN.
How to Transfer Borrowed Data on MTN
Borrowing data on MTN is easy. You can do it by dialing *606# and then transfer the data by dialing *131#. Here’s how you can transfer the borrowed data:
- If you borrowed 500MB of data on MTN and want to transfer 200MB to your friend’s phone number 09012345678, you can dial *131*09012345678*200# or send “Transfer 09012345678 200” to 131.
Method 1: USSD Code
- Dial *131*Phone Number*Data Amount#
- Press send
Method 2: USSD Code
- Dial *131#
- Select option 7 – Gift data
- Select option 1 – Transfer data from balance
- Enter the recipient’s phone number
- Enter the data amount you want to transfer
- Enter your transfer PIN to authorize the transaction
Method 3: SMS Method
- Text Transfer [space] Phone Number [space] Data Volume to 131.
- For example; To transfer 100MB to 09012345678, open your Messaging App and input Transfer 09012345678 100, then send to 131.
Remember that there’s a limit to the amount of data you can transfer on MTN.
How to Transfer Borrowed Airtime on MTN
To transfer borrowed airtime on MTN, you first need to borrow the airtime by dialing *606#, then you can transfer it by dialing *777# and following some simple steps.
Here’s how to do it:
- Dial *777*Recipient’s Number*Airtime Amount*PIN# on your phone and click on send/press OK.
- Alternatively, you can follow these steps:
- Dial *777# on your phone.
- Select option 1 for “Transfer Airtime.”
- Enter the recipient’s phone number.
- Enter the airtime amount you want to transfer.
- Enter your transfer PIN to authorize the transaction.
Keep in mind that charges may apply when transferring borrowed airtime on MTN.
Can I transfer borrowed data on MTN?
- You can transfer borrowed data on MTN. It’s easy. First, borrow the data by dialing *606#. Then, to transfer it to someone else, dial *131*their phone number * the amount of data you want to transfer#.
Was It Successful?
At the start of this post, I mentioned that transferring airtime and data on MTN is very easy. The same goes for borrowing airtime and data.
I hope this post has helped you understand how to transfer borrowed data on MTN and how to transfer borrowed airtime from MTN to MTN.
So, was it successful? Leave a comment below if you have any…
Last Updated on March 8, 2023 by NetworkPalava Admin