Learn how to borrow data from MTN without problems. You’ll get the ussd code, the IVR, and the normal method to borrow data using the MTN XtraByte service.
This post has information about how to get data on loan from MTN. Yes, are you running out of data on your MTN SIM and don’t have enough money to buy more data? Or are you unable to recharge your line from your bank account for some reason?
If yes, then you can borrow data from this network. But, how do you borrow data from MTN?
If you’re searching for the code to borrow data from MTN, you’ve come to the right place. This post will guide you through the steps to borrow data easily.
Borrowing Data Using MTN XtraByte
If you use MTN, you can borrow data when you run out of data by using the MTN XtraByte Service. This service allows you to borrow data now and pay it back later.
But, not everyone is eligible for this service. To qualify, you must be a prepaid customer, have an active MTN SIM card, no unpaid debt on your MTN line, recharge your line regularly, have been on the MTN network for more than 3 months, and have between N0 and N75 in your main account.
Keep in mind that MTN will charge you a 10% fee as interest whenever you use the XtraByte Service. For example, if you borrow N100, you’ll be charged N10.
To borrow data from this network, follow the instructions that will be given in the next section.
How to Borrow Data from MTN
To borrow data on MTN, follow these easy steps:
- Dial *131# on your MTN line.
- Select option 5 for “Borrow Credit/Recharge.”
- Select option 2 for “Borrow Data.”
- Choose the amount of data you want to borrow.
- Accept the 10% charge.
- You will receive an instant credit for the data you selected.
Please remember that you will have to pay back more than you borrowed due to service fees. For example, if you borrow 100MB for N100, you will have to pay back N110.
If you are eligible, you can take advantage of MTN’s XtraByte Service to borrow data when you run out and pay it back later.
That’s not all, let me show you the code to borrow data on MTN below.
USSD Code to Borrow Data From MTN
To borrow data from MTN, you can use the code *606#. Here’s how to do it:
- Dial *606#.
- Choose the option for XtraByte, and you will see a list of available data bundles you can borrow.
- Select the amount of data you want to borrow.
- MTN will send you a message confirming the amount of data you want to borrow, including the service fee.
- Confirm that you accept the service fee charge.
- You’ll be credited with the amount of data you selected.
After borrowing data, you will receive a notification message from MTN confirming that you have been credited with the data volume you borrowed.
How To Borrow Data on MTN using IVR
If you don’t want to use the USSD code to borrow data from MTN or find it confusing, there’s another way. You can call and talk to a customer care agent through a robotic voice.
This method is similar to the XtraByte service and can help you borrow data. Here’s how to use it:
- Dial 606 and follow the instructions carefully, selecting your preferred language.
- Choose the XtraByte option, then the data amount you want to borrow.
- Confirm the 10% service fee and you’ll be credited with the data amount you selected.
- You’ll receive a notification message from MTN telling you that you have been credited with the data volume you borrowed through the XtraByte service.
So, if you’re looking for a way to borrow data without using the USSD code, this is another option for you to try.
MTN XtraByte Important Notes
Before using the MTN XtraByte service, there are some important things you need to know.
- First, you must have a registered and active MTN SIM card.
- You also need to have been using the SIM card for at least 3-12 months and recharge your line regularly, with a minimum of N0 to N100 monthly.
- If you recharge frequently with a lot of data within the first three months, you may be quickly eligible to borrow from the network.
- Additionally, you must pay back any previous loan debts before you can borrow again, and there is a service fee of 10%.
- If you have unpaid loan debt, the amount you owe will be deducted when you recharge your line.
- Lastly, this service is only available for prepaid customers.
How to Check Borrowed Airtime Balance on MTN
- Simply dial *606# > Choose – Check XtraByte Balance to check your borrowed data balance on MTN. An SMS containing your debt balance will be sent to you.
As the largest provider of telecommunications services in Nigeria, MTN always keeps its clients in mind and strives to meet their needs by offering solutions to their issues, like borrowing data.
By now, you shouldn’t be concerned about how to borrow data from MTN, or even the code to borrow data because this post has already given you the MTN XtraByte code, which has allowed you to borrow data. Enjoy!
Do you have any comments, drop them below…
Last Updated on March 7, 2023 by NetworkPalava Admin