This post gives you information on how to withdraw money from your Varo without a Varo card. Yes, everything you must know about withdrawing from your Varo bank account in 2022.
Varo Bank is an online-only bank with no physical branches, no monthly service fee, and no overdraft fees. With its online checking of accounts, Varo is very convenient, efficient, and easy to open and manage.
With these advantages, one might still find it quite difficult to withdraw from Varo without a card as Varo Bank doesn’t let you withdraw money without a card, that is, they do not offer “cardless withdrawal services”.
Are There Other Ways To Withdraw Money From VARO (Without Card)?
“Yes, there are useful ways you can withdraw money from Varo without a Varo Debit Card.” Below are ways you could withdraw from your Varo Bank Account without an ATM card.
1. Using A Digital Bank Cardless ATM:
This happens to be the safest way to withdraw cash from your Varo account and it is by using a digital bank cardless atm. Cardless ATMs are a technological innovation that provides quick and easy access to your accounts without a bank card.
Instead, they rely on account verification via text message or a banking app on your smartphone (which is the Varo Online Bank). Here are steps in using a digital bank Cardless ATM:
- Install Varo mobile app on your mobile device.
- On the app, select the ‘’move money’’ section.
- Next, select ‘’find ATM’’ option. This brings to you Allpoint ATMs that are around.
- In the locator, identify any card-less ATM around Sand and visit it.
- In the ATM, swipe to find out whether it has a ‘’mobile cash access’’ option. If yes, select it.
- Launch Varo on your phone, allow it to load banking services, look for ‘’card-less ATM withdrawal and tap ‘’select’’.
- From your mobile app, enter the desired withdrawal amount \and give the app time to generate a pin.
- On the ATM’s screen, enter your mobile app-generated PIN and wait for the machine to withdraw the money.
Card-less ATMs are not everywhere hence might be quite difficult to find one.
2. Use A Mobile Payment App to withdraw Money from Varo without a card
This is a resourceful method of accessing your Varo Account if you don’t necessarily need to withdraw cash from an ATM but want to access your Varo balance to pay using other methods. Furthermore, it’s always a good idea to have your Varo account linked to a mobile wallet or digital payment solution such as Google Pay, PayPal, Venmo, Zelle and so on. All that is needed is to link (or verify) your Varo Bank Visa® Debit Card with your mobile payment app.
NOTE: Funds can not be withdrawn using this method but can be used to make payments via the mobile payment app.
3. Through A Friend:
Imagine a situation of losing your card and wanting to make a withdrawal from your Varo Account and the worst might be that you need to make the payment instantly. That’s where your friend comes in, you could make payments into your friend Varo’s Account, while your friend withdraws and gives you in cash. The best of it is that there won’t be any cost of transactions since it is a Varo to Varo transfer. You can send funds to your friend by:
- Log in to your installed Varo App.
- At the bottom of the page on the screen, tap ‘’move money’’.
- Next, select ‘’Varo to Varo transfer.
- Next, you are required to dial the email of the account holder you are sending the money to (your friend).
- Input the amount that you wish to transfer.
- Go through the transfer thoroughly to ensure you filled correct details and to avoid any mistakes.
- Finalize the process by tapping ‘’send money.
The only downside in this is that you might lose your money if your friend is is untrusted and a scam.
4. Transfer To Another Bank Account to Withdraw Money from Varo without a card
This is not an instant or more convenient method of withdrawing your funds from Varo, in fact, it could take up to two or more days to complete the process. But it could be helpful in cases in which you have to travel or post-payment or subscriptions and so on. First, you have to link your external bank account to your Varo mobile application. You can link it by:
- At the bottom of the Accounts page, tap “Link an account +”.
- Select your external bank or search for it if you don’t see an icon.
- Enter your username and password and tap ‘Send’.
- Follow your bank’s instructions, by inputting your phone number or email address and using a One-Time-Password (OTP).
- Keep responding to Varo requests until you see your accounts and external balances appear in Accounts. Then you know you have been successfully linked.
After linking your external account, you’ll need to transfer money from your Varo Account to your external bank account by:
- Open the Varo app and tap “Move Money/Send Money”.
- Select From the Varo bank account and the account to which you want to receive the transfer.
- See the transfer limit under the transfer amount.
The disadvantage of using this method is that it takes too much time to process and it has limits of transferring to an external account. These limits are no more than $5,000 per transfer and $10,000 per month.
Are You Able to Withdraw Money From Varo Without A Card?
I know you might have found withdrawing or accessing your funds in your Varo Account difficult without your Varo Debit Visa® Card but after you read this post, all was different.
The ways listed and explained here such as transferring to a friend, using a cardless ATM, transferring to another bank account, and using PayPal or order mobile payments application have been tested and proven to work efficiently. Moreover, you should find the one suitable to your needs. Thank you.
Last Updated on November 13, 2023 by NetworkPalava Admin