This post shows you how to migrate to Airtel SmartConnect with a short ussd code and some benefits that come after migrating to this tariff plan.
Airtel Nigeria rolls out a new tariff plan to its customers. It is the airtel smart CONNECT 5.0 prepaid tariff plan which offers users an instant 100% bonus on every data bundle they purchase.
Not only that, Smart connect gives you an 8times (8x) bonus on every recharge on your line.
Airtel Smart connect allows you to enjoy your purchased data for an extended time.
All data bundles purchased below N5000 on this plan last for 90days.
And there is even more awesome stuff to know about the Airtel Smart Connect code (Get Whooping Data & Airtime Bonus).
For now, let me show you how to migrate to this plan.
How To Migrate To Airtel Smart Connect Tariff Plan (On New & Old SIM)
- Go to the nearest Airtel shop in your area.
- Buy a new Airtel SIM Card
- Register the new SIM card at any Airtel SIM registration center.
- Insert the SIM in your phone
- Now Recharge your line with N100 and above using the code: *126*Recharge PIN#
You are good to start enjoying smart connect benefits. This is also How to Migrate From Airtel Smart Talk to Airtel Smart Connect. Just ignore the noise. Just reactivate your airtel sim to make it possible.
But wait! Have you seen the Airtel Unlimited Data Plan For 100 Naira? Check it out.
If you are among those asking for the Airtel 8X migration codes, you should understand that there is no official code to migrate to Smartconnect.
You just have to follow the above steps and you’re good.
Note: Old customers can also enjoy this plan benefits by opting out of other Airtel tariff plans. Read on to see how to migrate out of all tariff plans.
Don’t Miss the 5 Best Airtel Tariff Plans That Gives Bonus At The Moment. Check it out.
How To Check Balance: Migrate To Airtel Smart Connect
Below Is How To Check Airtel SmartConnect Balance
- Simply dial *123*1# for data bonus balance or
- Dial *123*2# to check Voice airtime balance.
The above USSD is a quick code to check the smartconnect balance. Meanwhile, you can also check the balance manually by following the below steps:
- Simply dial *123# and
- Reply 1 to check data bonus
- Reply ‘2’ to check the airtime bonus.
How To Buy A Data Plan: After Migrating To Airtel Smart Connect
Below is how to buy data bundle plans on SmartConnect
- Simply dial *141# and…
- …Select your preferred bundle plan.
You are good.
After the subscription, you will receive a message from Airtel telling you whether the operation was successful or not.
Do You Know How To Recharge Other Numbers From GTBank? Check It Out.
How To Migrate From Airtel SmartTrybe to Smart Connect
If there had been a given code to migrate to airtel smart connect, then by simply dialing the shortcode, you’re migrated.
But in this case, you are to follow the below steps to migrate from SmartTrybe To SmartConnect:
- Get a new SIM card.
- Register a new SIM at the nearest Airtel SIM registration center or re-register your old SIM.
- Now recharge your line using *126*Recharge PIN#.
There is no official migration code at the moment. So the best advice to migrate from SmartTrybe to SmartConnect is to opt out of other Airtel tariff plans before you will be allowed to enjoy SC bonuses.
This advice also applies to you searching for how to add family and friends on Airtel SmartConnect. That’s how to migrate to smart connect on the Airtel line.
The same process applies to how to migrate from airtel smart talk to smart connect:
- Get the Airtel SmartTalk Tariff Plan Code.
- Open your phone dialer
- Dial the code and you’ll be migrated immediately.
How To Opt Out Of All Tariff Plans In Nigeria
It’s really simple. There is a simple trick to do this. It’s about dialing the shortcode I’ve written to opt out successfully.
And I have given the full guide to migrate out of all tariff plans in Nigeria the easy way and I even included some awesome tariff plans you can migrate to right away.
Can I Migrate To Airtel SmartConnect As An Old Customer?
There are three (3) things I recommend that you do.
1. Do A SIM Swap. What do I mean? Kindly go to the nearest Airtel sim registration center in your area, buy a new SIM card, tell them you have an existing phone number that you’d like to re-register, they will collect some information and do the sim SWAP for you.
2. Contact Airtel Customer Care. Kindly call airtel Nigeria or contact them through the various means I have highlighted in my guide to contacting Airtel customer care.
- Get connected to an agent or representative.
- Ask for help on tariff plans and migration issues.
- Tell them to change your current plan to Airtel SmartConnect.
They will either do it for you or guide you on how to migrate to SmartConnect yourself.
3. Leave Airtel SIM Unused For 60 – 190days. This one is funny though. Here is how it works:
After the highlighted period, your SIM card may have been deactivated for not being online for a long time.
Now, take that SIM Card, go to the nearest Airtel SIM registration center, ask them to wipe off other tariff plans, and reactivate your line on SmartConnect tariff.
Don’t Miss The 19+ Best Airtel 4G Data Plans in Nigeria Right Now.
Conclusion on How To Migrate To Airtel Smart Connect
SmartConnect gives you outstanding airtime and data bonuses on recharge and unless you are migrated you won’t be able to enjoy its benefits.
It’s up to you to get started right now.
Do you know why? Offers like this don’t last forever you can only take advantage of it now that it’s available.
And the above guide is how to migrate to Airtel SmartConnect Tariff Plan Easily
Read more related articles:
- How To Add Family and Friends on Airtel SmartConnect
- Learn How To Check Data Balance On Airtel
- How To Contact Airtel customer care
- Get Up to 500MB on Airtel Night Plan
- Best MTN Data Plans 2020: The Complete List.
Last Updated on January 3, 2024 by NetworkPalava Admin