Learn how to buy data from GTBank using your smartphone. Yes, if you are among those looking for the step-by-step method to buy a data bundle directly from your bank, then you’re lucky.
Why? Today, you’ll get the short USSD code to buy data from your bank account without stress. This means you can recharge data from the comfort of your home.
Yes, the GTBank code is that good. And in a few seconds, you’ll learn the simple method to buy data from GTBank.
There’s no trick behind it. You can buy airtime from your bank and then buy data from your current network provider. Or, just buy data directly from GTBank without stress.
Buying Data From GTBank
The GTBank mobile USSD code to buy data is not new to many. Yes, it has been available for some time now. And since the introduction of this mobile banking thing, buying airtime and data hasn’t been easier.
If you’ll agree with me, buying data on your MTN, Airtel, 9mobile, or GLO line wasn’t easy. You must go outside the street to buy your network recharge card. After that, you can just dial the working data code to buy a data bundle to brow the internet.
But today, everything has changed. You can stand anywhere, anyhow, and recharge your phone. Yes, you can now buy data on GTBank from your home, workplace, and business centers.
All it takes is the GTBank USSD code and you’re good to go. It is not only about your personal airtime and data recharge. No, you can even buy data or airtime using the GTBank code.
Tech is a big blessing to this generation. Our forefathers never had a life this easy. Like, you can’t buy data from GTBank in the past. Where will you find the bank? lol.
The opportunities we have today weren’t present for them in the past. What a great time to be alive. Proceed to learn how to buy data from GTBank.
How to Buy Data from GTBank
There are different ways to buy data from GTBank. These include the short USSD code, mobile app, and other methods I shared in this section.
You can buy data on GTBank with *737*4# but this applies to existing users who have configured the mobile bank USSD code on GTB. Alternatively, you can dial *737#, and reply 3 to select “Data“. Now, choose “Self” or “Third Party” to buy data for yourself or for Others’ phone numbers.
So, start by registering your phone number for mobile USSD code transfers if this is your first time.
See a summary of data bundles you can buy:
- Simply dial *737*4*1# to buy 1.5GB of data for 1000 Naira only.
- Dial *737*4*2# to get 3.5GB of data for 2000 Naira only.
- Now, these plans are valid for 30 days from the day you subscribe.
There are other data bundles available but the above I sighted is for your understanding.
How to Register GTBank USSD code – to Buy Data Easily
Follow the guidelines below to register. Yes, to make it possible to buy data from GTBank:
- Simply dial *737# using the mobile number you linked to your Bank account.
- You will receive a menu select option 5.
- You will be prompted to enter the last 6 digits of your debit card (ATM Card number).
- Then will be required to create a secret PIN to authorize any transaction.
- Enter 4 digits you can easily remember and confirm.
- After a few minutes, you will receive a text confirming the registration.
- You can now buy data using the *737# USSD code just after registration.
Reset PIN For GTBank Mobile USSD Code
Just dial *737*5#, and it will ask for the last 6 digits of your debit card (that is your ATM Card number), then you can create a 4-digit PIN. You could also reset your PIN, it will request you to enter the old one and then enter the new one twice.
Now, all these must be done using the phone number linked to your bank account. I mean the same phone number you use to create your GTB bank account.
Code To Buy Data From GTBank
The short USSD code to buy data from GTBank is *737*4#. Just, open your phone caller app, dial the code and you’ll see a popup message. Just follow the prompt, select your network, enter the amount of data you want to buy and that’s all.
If done correctly, you’ll receive a message or notification immediately. This SMS shows that your data purchase from GTBank was successful. Otherwise, you probably don’t have sufficient bank money in your account.
How to Buy Data From GTBank to Another Number
Now, since you’ve registered your phone number with GTBank, You’re ready. Follow the guidelines below to buy data from GTBank to another number without an atm or debit card:
- Simply dial *737*4#. Do this on the phone number you opened an account with.
- You’ll see “Self” and “Third-party”. Choose “Third Party” to send data to another number.
- Next, confirm the amount you want to buy.
- Select your Network provider (MTN, Airtel, Glo, or 9mobile)
- Enter Phone Number.
- Finally, enter your GTBank mobile USSD PIN and confirm the transaction.
That’s exactly how to buy data from GTBank to another phone number (not yours).
Buy Data From Your GTBank Account Using Mobile App
Remember I told you that there are several ways to buy data through mobile banking? This part is about the GTBank mobile app method.
Please, follow the guides below to buy a data plan using the Mobile app. You can either buy for yourself or buy for other phone numbers.
- First, download than GTBank mobile app if you don’t have it yet. Download it here and configure it correctly.
- After that, enter your login credentials and login to the app.
- Locate and tap “Buy Data” from the app home screen.
- Next, confirm the amount you want to purchase.
- Select your Network provider (MTN, Airtel, Glo, or 9mobile)
- Enter Phone Number.
- Finally, enter your transaction PIN and proceed with the transaction.
That’s the simple method to purchase data using the GTBank mobile application. You’ll receive a debit alert on your bank account. On the other hand, the number you bought data for will receive a credit alert.
Interesting right? That’s all it works.
How to Buy Airtime Using GTBank
In this section, you’ll learn how to buy card, credit, or airtime using the GTBank ussd code. This post’s major purpose is to uncover the steps on how to buy data from GTBank. But, since airtime recharge is relevant, let’s add to the content.
Follow the guidelines below:
- Open your phone Caller app and dial *737*amount#. Then wait for the airtime to be credited to your account. No matter the network you use in Nigeria. Be it Glo, 9mobile, Airtel, or MTN, it works on all popular networks in Nigeria.
For instance, dial *737*1000#, to buy N1000 credit for your mobile number. This must be done on the phone number you registered with the GTBank account.
Hope you get it now. There’s more below…
How to Buy Airtime From GTBank to Another Number
If you want to buy airtime from GTBank to another number, just dial *737*Amount*Receiver’s phone number#. Then, enter your transaction GTBank transaction PIN and you’re good to go.
Alternatively, you can just dial *737# and follow the prompt step by step to recharge your phone. It’s all the same.
- How to register GTBank USSD code
- How to transfer money from GTBank to another bank
- Transfer code for GTBank
- How to block GTBank account from another phone
- GTBank pin code
- GTBank ussd code for loan
- Code to Block GTBank account
Safety & Cautions: Before You Buy Data From GTBank
While you think that the GTBank data recharge code is helpful, there are people who has evil motives.
Yes, a lot of fraudulent activities are going on and if you’re not careful, anyone can buy data from your GTBank account and transfer it to their phone without your consent. Sad right? That’s the world we live in
You can buy data from your GTBank account but please, take note of this information:
- You must keep your phone or PIN private to avoid unauthorized transactions.
- When you buy data or airtime for yourself GTBank USSD code may not require a PIN. Be careful about this.
There’s more to not bust these are the major ones. Still on it, below are some advantages of buying data using GTBank mobile USSD code:
- The GTBank data code is easy to use.
- On GTBank mobile banking, you can access almost all internet data plans from any network operator in Nigeria.
- It doesn’t consume all your time. Transactions are very fast.
- You can buy data or airtime for yourself and for other people. This includes MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile users. The list may change in the future. For now, these are the popular telecommunication companies in Nigeria.
What Is The Code to Block GTBank Account?
Simply dial *737*51*74# from any Nigerian mobile number if you believe your account has been compromised to lock it FREE OF CHARGE. Once frozen, all transfers and debit transactions are prohibited from your account.
Go to the bank later, to unlock your account. This way, you can start using it again.
How Can I Buy Data From My Bank?
To recharge data from your bank account is simple. Just dial the bank mobile USSD code and you’re good to go. For example, to buy data from GTBank, just dial *737*4#. Select the amount, your network, receiver’s phone number, and proceed from there.
How Do You Buy Airtime From GTBank?
To buy airtime from GTBank, simply dial *737*amount#. To buy for others, just dial *909*amount*Phone number#, enter your PIN and that’s all.
How Do I Use GTBank USSD code?
To activate and start using the GTBank code, dial *737# with the phone number you used in opening your GTBank account. Follow the instruction to activate USSD full. You may be asked to enter the last 6 digits on your ATM or debit card.
How to Withdraw Money From GTBank?
Below are several ways to withdraw your money from GTBank:
- Visit your bank and request a withdrawal.
- Go to the Automated Teller Machine (ATM) close to you.
- Withdraw from a POS.
- Transfer to someone and get cash back.
Let’s tell the truth, buying data from GTBank wasn’t possible in the past. In fact, no bank in Nigeria permits that. You’re not even allowed to recharge airtime to transfer money to other people.
Thankfully, it’s now possible to buy data on GTBank using your mobile phone. You don’t have to go outside. Just press one or two buttons and you’ll get the data volume you want.
Now, you can buy an internet data bundle for personal use or even buy it for friends, family members, or colleagues at work. Everything is now made easy with Tech.
Well, I hope you’ve learned how to buy data from GTBank today.
Last Updated on November 13, 2023 by NetworkPalava Admin