This post uncovers how to Buy Data from Ecobank without stress. So, if buying data through your bank has been a challenge for you, don’t worry, today’s post is all you need.
You’ll get the short USSD code to buy data from your bank account easily. This means you can recharge data from the comfort of your home.
Yes, the Ecobank code is that good. And in a few seconds, you’ll learn the simple method to buy data from Ecobank.
There’s no trick behind it. You can buy airtime from your bank and then buy data from your current network provider. Or, just buy data directly from Ecobank without stress.
Buying Data From Ecobank
The Ecobank mobile USSD code to buy data is not new to many. Yes, it has been available for some time now. And since the introduction of this mobile banking thing, buying airtime and data hasn’t been easier.
If you’ll agree with me, buying data on your MTN, Airtel, 9mobile, or GLO line wasn’t easy. You must go outside the street to buy your network recharge card. After that, you can just dial the working data code to buy a data bundle to brow the internet.
But today, everything has changed. You can stand anywhere, anyhow, and recharge your phone. Yes, you can now buy data on Ecobank from your home, workplace, and business centers.
All it takes is the Ecobank USSD code and you’re good to go. It is not only about your personal airtime and data recharge. No, you can even buy data or airtime using the Ecobank code.
Tech is a big blessing to this generation. Our forefathers never had a life this easy. Like, you can’t buy data from Ecobank in the past. Where will you find the bank? lol.
The opportunities we have today weren’t present for them in the past. What a great time to be alive. Proceed to learn how to buy data from Ecobank.
How to Buy Data from Ecobank
There are different ways to buy data from Ecobank. These include the short USSD code, mobile app, and other methods I shared in this section.
You can buy data on Ecobank with *326# but this applies to existing users who have configured the mobile bank USSD code on Ecobank.
So, start by registering your phone number for mobile USSD code transfers if this is your first time.
How to Register Ecobank USSD code – to Buy Data Easily
Follow the guideline below to register. Yes, to make it possible to buy data from Ecobank Nigeria:
- Dial *326# from the mobile number registered and linked to your EcobankNigeria account
You will be prompted to choose the debit card linked to your Ecobank account.
- Enter the details to proceed with the Ecobank Nigeria USSD code registration.
The next step will be required to verify whether you access the account by entering the prompted details.
- Click on the submit button to complete your USSD code registration.
- Lastly, you will be required to create a secret PIN to be used to authorize the Ecobank transactions.
Make sure you enter digits you can easily remember and don’t share them for security reasons.
- Click submit, and you are all done but will wait for a confirmation SMS that your registration is successful.
After a few minutes will receive a message confirming your USSD code registration is successful.
Now you can start carrying out transactions from your bank account through Eco Bank transfer code *326#.
Code To Buy Data From Ecobank
The short USSD code to buy data from Ecobank is *326#. Just, open your phone caller app, dial the code and you’ll see a popup message. Please follow the prompt, select your network, enter the amount of data you want to buy and that’s all.
If done correctly, you’ll receive a message or notification immediately. This SMS shows that your data purchase from Ecobank was successful. Otherwise, you probably don’t have sufficient bank money in your account.
How to Buy Data From Ecobank to Another Number
Now, since you’ve registered your phone number with Ecobank, You’re ready. Follow the guideline below to buy data from Ecobank to another number without an atm or debit card:
- Simply dial *326#. Do this on the phone number you opened an account with.
- Next, confirm the amount you want to buy.
- Select your Network provider (MTN, Airtel, Glo, or 9mobile)
- Enter Phone Number.
- Finally, enter your Ecobank mobile USSD PIN and confirm the transaction.
That’s exactly how to buy data from Ecobank to another phone number (not yours).
Buy Data From Your Ecobank Account Using Mobile App
Remember I told you that there are several ways to buy data through mobile banking? This part is about the Ecobank mobile app method.
Please, follow the guides below to buy a data plan using the Mobile app. You can either buy for yourself or buy for other phone numbers.
- First, download than Ecobank mobile app if you don’t have it yet. Download it here and configure it correctly.
- After that, enter your login credentials and log in to the app.
- Locate and tap the “Airtime/Data Bundle” option from the app home screen.
- Next, confirm the amount you want to purchase.
- Select your Network provider (MTN, Airtel, Glo, or 9mobile)
- Enter Phone Number.
- Finally, enter your transaction PIN and proceed with the transaction.
That’s the simple method to purchase data using the Ecobank mobile application. You’ll receive a debit alert on your bank account. On the other hand, the number you bought data for will receive a credit alert.
Interesting right? That’s all it works.
How to Buy Airtime Using Ecobank
In this section, you’ll learn how to buy card, credit, or airtime using the Ecobank ussd code. This post’s major purpose is to uncover the steps on how to buy data from Ecobank. But, since airtime recharge is relevant, let’s add to the content.
Follow the guidelines below:
- Open your phone Caller app and dial **326*amount#. Then wait for the airtime to be credited to your account. No matter the network you use in Nigeria. Be it Glo, 9mobile, Airtel, or MTN, it works on all popular networks in Nigeria.
For instance, dial *326*900#, to buy N900 credit for your mobile number. This must be done on the phone number you registered with the Ecobank account.
Hope you get it now. There’s more below…
How to Buy Airtime From Ecobank to Another Number
If you want to buy airtime from Ecobank to another number, simply dial *326*Recievers Phone Number*Recharge Amount#.
For example, you need to recharge your friend’s number with N1,000. The command will look like this: *326*12345678900*1000#. The N1,000 will be deducted from your bank account and your friend’s line will be recharged instantly.
Alternatively, you can just dial *326#, find the Airtime Recharge or Top-Up option and follow the prompt step-by-step to recharge your phone. It’s all the same.
Safety & Cautions: Before You Buy Data From Ecobank
While you think that the Ecobank data recharge code is helpful, there are people who has evil motives.
Yes, a lot of fraudulent activities are going on and if you’re not careful, anyone can buy data from your Ecobank account and transfer it to their phone without your consent. Sad right? That’s the world we live in
You can buy data from your Ecobank account but please, take note of this information:
- You must keep your phone or PINprivate to avoid unauthorized transactions.
- When you buy data or airtime for yourself Ecobank USSD code may not require a PIN. Be careful about this.
There’s more to not bust these are the major ones. Still on it, below are some advantages of buying data using Ecobank mobile USSD code:
- The Ecobank data code is easy to use.
- On Ecobank mobile banking, you can access almost all internet data plans from any network operator in Nigeria.
- It doesn’t consume all your time. Transactions are very fast.
- You can buy data or airtime for yourself and for other people. This includes MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile users. The list may change in the future. For now, these are the popular telecommunication companies in Nigeria.
What Is The Code to Block Ecobank Account?
To block your Ecobank account or ATM card in an urgent situation,
- Simply dial *326*911# on your phone.
- Enter your correct account number and mobile phone number and send it.
- You have successfully blocked your account. This means that your account will be restricted from transfers and all debit transactions.
How Can I Buy Data From My Bank?
To recharge data from your bank account is simple. Just dial the bank mobile USSD code and you’re good to go. For example, to buy data from Ecobank, just dial *326#. Select the amount, your network, receiver’s phone number, and proceed from there.
How Do You Buy Airtime From Ecobank?
To buy airtime from Ecobank, simply dial *326*amount#. To buy for others, just dial *326*amount*Phone number#, enter your PIN and that’s all.
How Do I Use the Ecobank USSD code?
To activate and start using the Ecobank code, dial *326# with the phone number you used in opening your Ecobank account. Follow the instruction to activate ussd code. You may be asked to enter the last 4-6 digits on your ATM or debit card.
How to Withdraw Money From Ecobank?
Below are several ways to withdraw your money from Ecobank:
- Visit your bank and request a withdrawal.
- Go to the Automated Teller Machine (ATM) close to you.
- Withdraw from a POS.
- Transfer to someone and get cash back.
Let’s tell the truth, buying data from Ecobank wasn’t possible in the past. In fact, no bank in Nigeria permits that. You’re not even allowed to recharge airtime to transfer money to other people.
Thankfully, it’s now possible to buy data on Ecobank using your mobile phone. You don’t have to go outside. Just press one or two buttons and you’ll get the data volume you want.
Now, you can buy an internet data bundle for personal use or even buy it for friends, family members, or colleagues at work. Everything is now made easy with Tech.
Well, I hope you’ve learned how to buy data from Ecobank today.
Leave a comment in the comment section if you’re facing any challenges…
For now, Read More Helpful Guides Below:
Last Updated on September 29, 2023 by NetworkPalava Admin