Learn how to block Zenith Bank ATM card by following the simple guideline in today’s post. Is it a code? Will I have to call customer care to block my Zenith bank debit card? You’ll find out in this post.
The rate of scamming and theft these days is high especially when it comes to money and finance. You may find yourself unfortunate if your Zenith Bank ATM card is compromised or in the wrong hands.
You know how important your Zenith Bank ATM Card is regardless of the type we use, whether it is Verve, Visa, MasterCard, or any other sort of ATM card. It doesn’t matter how strong your PIN is, fraudsters can easily use funds from your Zenith Bank ATM card if they have access to the card itself.
If this card is stolen or lost, it can be used to commit fraud, putting our money in trouble and there is nothing you can do except block the Zenith Bank ATM Card.
That is why in this post I would be showing how you can block your Zenith Bank ATM card.
Blocking Your Zenith ATM Card.
Once you discover that your ATM card is missing, the best thing for you to do is to block the ATM Card. Because if your Zenith Bank ATM card enters into the wrong hands, your money and funds can be deducted anyhow. If you block a Zenith Bank ATM card, nobody can use it to access your funds, not even the scammer.
It is very easy to block your ATM card. I would be listing and explaining three methods you can use to block your ATM card.
You might think that someone will need your PIN to access the money in your Zenith Bank via your ATM card. Then you are lying to yourself because fraudsters or criminals can still be able to use your money without even knowing your PIN. The best chance you have is to block your Zenith Bank ATM card.
How Can I Block My Zenith Bank ATM Card?
If your Zenith Bank ATM card happens to be compromised or falls into the wrong hands, you can block the ATM card. There are three main ways you can block your ATM card so that scammers won’t access your funds through your ATM Card. You can block your Zenith Bank ATM card by:
- Using the Zenith Bank USSD code or Zenith Bank transfer code.
- Using the Zenith Bank mobile app.
- Reaching Zenith Bank Customer Care support.
1. Block Your ATM Card With USSD Code
In this section, I will show you how to block ATM Card with Zenith code.
One of the ways you can block your ATM card is through the Zenith Bank code. It is one of the easiest methods of blocking your ATM Card.
The Zenith Bank Code for blocking your ATM card is *966*911#. If you want to block your ATM card, follow the instructions below.
- First dial *966*911# from any mobile phone. Please dial the number registered with your Zenith Bank account.
- Enter your account number and then your Zenith Bank AlertZ mobile number.
- Then enter “1” to continue and block your account instantly.
Note that you do not need an internet connection for this method. You can use any type of phone as long as it can call.
2. How To Block ATM Card With The Zenith Mobile App.
Another way of blocking your ATM card is through the Zenith Bank mobile app. It can be downloaded on Android (Google Play store) and iOS (Apple Store). It is another easy way of blocking your ATM Card. To use the mobile app follow the steps below.
- Download the Zenith Bank mobile app.
- Open the mobile app on your smartphone.
- Login by entering your required details.
- On the homepage of the app, look at the top left corner of the app, and you will see a “Menu icon”. Click on it.
- Next, select and click on “Card” from the options present.
- Finally, toggle the switch to deactivate the linked ATM Card.
Note that a data and internet connection is required for this method.
3. Block Your Debit Card By Calling Customer Care
You’ll learn how to block your ATM Card with Zenith Bank Customer Care shortly.
Another way of blocking your ATM card is by contacting the Zenith Bank Customer Care Service. There are many ways you can reach out to Zenith Bank customer care. I will be listing ways you can contact them below. All you have to do is call them and tell them your ATM card was lost or compromised. Also, tell them you want to block your ATM card.
- You can send them a message via email.
- You can contact them through a phone call. Just call the numbers below.
- 0700-ZENITH BANK (07009364842265)
- You can also contact them through their social media handle.
- [email protected]
- Facebook- @Zenithbank
- Instagram- @Zenithbank
Blocking your Zenith Bank ATM card is the only thing that can save you money if your ATM card is lost or falls into the wrong hands.
You can either block your ATM card by the Zenith Bank code or through their mobile app or by contacting their customer care service. You can use any method that suits you. Just keep your funds safe.
Last Updated on May 9, 2023 by NetworkPalava Admin